Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2008: Proof that we need to bring monarchy back

I know I've been neglecting this blog of late. I shall return, never fear. Work's been using up too much of my energy the last few weeks. I haven't had time to check the various Google alerts I set up for monarchy-related news to link here. However, when things ease up a little I'm going to start a series of historical posts. At this moment I'm not sure when that will be, of course....

I don't intend to talk much about my country's impending elections here, but today I will. Just to say that I'm deeply disappointed in the party I'm registered with (Republican, of course), and this fall, for the first time since I was old enough to drink, I'll be voting Libertarian.

The only bright spot I can see is that whichever disaster we inflict on ourselves this November, it's got to open a few people's eyes to the perils of elected government.

1 comment:

Irish Tory said...

Good for you, I'm horrified at what is being offered to you Americans this Autumn.

A manaical warmonger who wishes to import tens of millions of Mexicans, or some half Muslim, chip on his shoulder loser, who will do whatever to prove himself to the world!

Good luck with that!