Monday, May 4, 2009

Revelations about the workings of democracy

Senator sacked me over tales of congress

I opened mail all day (which is why you should never bother to write your representatives in government: somebody like me reads your letters). And then I either threw the letters in the garbage or I would make fun of them with co-workers. In retrospect, that job was perfect for me.

But letter-writing is a huge waste of time, energy and tax dollars, on everybody's part. I realise that I played my part in this waste, so I would like to take this opportunity to put an end to it by telling you to please stop writing letters to politicians. It makes absolutely no difference to anybody.

Also, stop calling their offices. It's so annoying.

2 comments:

Thomas Banks said...

Funny how we can ferret out trivial, closeted vice like the author's and can't manage to find a Treasury Secretary who understands Turbotax.

ZAROVE said...

With all due respect, this woman seems to be an uncouth and immoral woman, whose views I do not really trust as representitive of all staff in Congress.

This is nto to say that Congrss cares for us, just I dont trust the wsort of people with her attitude to be a good reflection of the whole.